Summer Plans

Summer+Plans

On Wednesday, June 9th, it will mark the ending of the 2020-2021 school year in Falcon Cove! After this long and difficult year, both the students and the staff should be awarded for the effort they placed into adapting and overcoming the challenges that they were faced with this school year due to the pandemic. The end of this year means different things for each grade level, sixth grade finished their first year of middle school, seventh is going into their last and eighth grade will be moving up to high school. Nonetheless, they all have one thing in common, they are all excited about summer vacation!

Lots of kids and their families decide to go on trips to other places, whether it is to visit family, or just travel to a new place to get to know it and have some fun. Trips can be from going far away to places like Europe, or even a closer trip to Universal here in Florida. It doesn’t matter what kind of trip it is, or where they are going, just as long as they have fun and enjoy their summer break, because that is the whole point of the break.

“I have planned to go to Italy and hang out with my friends there.”, says sixth grader Teresa Foschia. “The first couple of days I’m going to universal with my friend. I also have some softball tournaments after that. I’m going to hang out with my team and have a good time. I also might do one week at a softball summer camp.”

Many students are going to enjoy their vacation with their friends; swimming, playing sports, video games, and doing other activities. Hanging out with friends is a perfect way to spend these three or so months off from school. 

I’m planning on hanging out with my friends and going to the beach/pool. I might also go to sleepaway camp”, Fabiana Granados, eighth grader, explained. 

Having fun, relaxing, and getting exercise are three key things that are good to do during the summer. The summer is to relieve the stress from the last school year and maybe even prepare for the next school year. Summer is a time to be with friends and family and just enjoy the free time that is given to students.

“Hang out with some friends and go play some sports and games together” is how Felipe Benites, a seventh grader, describes his summer plans.

There are lots of ways to have fun, even during the corona-virus pandemic. All there is to it is to follow the CDC guidelines and wear a mask accordingly. Also, the corona-virus vaccine is now available to children twelve and up! Which means that people who get their 2nd dose are able to have more freedom than before, while keeping themselves and others safe. 

“For this summer, I plan to meet with family and stay at their relatives’ house in Saint-Tropez, France,” eight grader Sara Arias states, “We want to get out of the house without necessarily taking too much risks, so we’ll be staying relatively put!” 

Many students are going to different countries during summer vacation in order to see their family members. Due to the pandemic, many of them haven’t seen their families in a long time and during the summer they’ll finally get the chance to do so. 

Sofia Garcia Apraiz, an eighth grader, explains what she’ll do this summer, “In the summer I’ll be going on a trip to Spain to see my family”. 

It is always a good idea to do a mix of fun things during the summer if you can. This way, not only can you spend time with family and friends some days, you can also travel, take some time for yourself, or for people starting high school, getting a head start on volunteer hours. All in all, summer break should be spent in a way where students can relax from the previous school year, travel, and have fun locally.

“For summer vacation I’m going to be hanging out with my friends and then going to Brazil”, says sixth grader Leonardo Ferreira.

Photo credit – abc7